Summer Scholarships For A Study Trip In Turkey , 23.05.2014
- The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the
Republic of Turkey will offer short summer scholarships for a study trip
for successful and motivated graduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD, etc.)
interested in Ottoman and Turkish studies.
- The aim of the project is to provide wide-ranging
first hand information on Turkey, its culture, history and politics; and
to promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their
- Applicants to the study trip must be graduate students
in Turcology, History, Political Science, International Relations,
Sociology, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
- This year’s scholarship program is open to
students from the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium,
Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary,
Republic of Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Spain,
Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
- All travel and accommodation expenses of
the study trip will be covered by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and
- The program will include 30 participants.
- The program, excursions and discussions
will be in English.
- Participants of the study trip will
be required to arrive in Turkey on 21 August 2014 and fully participate in
the program that ends on 28 August 2014. (Draft program is enclosed.)
- Following the visit, participants will be
requested to provide an evaluation paper by 20 September 2014 on the
program and their perception of Turkey.
- Applications will be made to the Turkish Embassy
in Washington D.C. to the following address: 2525 Massachusetts Avenue NW,
Washington D.C., 20008.
- Applicants will be requested to provide a CV, motivation
letter in English and transcripts.
- The deadline for applications is June 15, 2014.
Related Documents :
- Programme-Summer Scholarships for a Study Trip.doc